The Tekoa Split Pea has been in our top 5 best sellers since 1995. It has less than 10 simple ingredients but is still delicious. The wholesome Washington peas and celery are what make the split pea so tasty. To shake it up a bit serve yours with evaporated milk.
Cook the package as usual. Before serving add a can of evaporated milk. Do not boil the soup after you’ve added the milk.
Serve with grilled cheese sandwiches or the bread stick recipe below.
You will need
1 1/2 cups Warm Water
1/4 cup Olive Oil
1/8 cup Honey
1 1/2 teaspoon Salt
1 1/2 tablespoon Yeast
2 tablespoons Potato Flour or Mashed Potatoes
2 cups Unbleached White Flour
2 cups Whole Grain Flour
1. Mix water, oil, honey, salt and yeast.
2. Once yeast is dissolved add in potato flour or mashed potatoes.
3. Add in half of the flour and mix well. This mix will be sticky and gooey.
4. Alternate adding white and wheat flour until you get the correct consistency (soft but won’t stick to your hands).
5. Need in a mixture for 7 minutes or by hand 7-10 minutes.
6. Divide the dough into 1 1/2 inch balls.
7. Roll out the dough balls until they are about the same diameter as a pencil or your little finger.
8. Brush with butter and add sesame seeds, parmesan cheese, salt garlic or your favorite topping to each stick.
9. Place on greased cookie sheet 1 1/2 inches apart.
9. Let rise until they double in size (approx. 20 minutes).
10. Cook at 375 for 15-18 minutes