Read on for a guaranteed way to get dinner on the table in less time than it takes you to go to the store!! Okay, maybe not guaranteed, but it works for me.
When I get home from work and don’t want to cook anything, I make the Hurricane Ridge Chicken Chili in my Instant Pot. The last time I made the Hurricane Ride Chicken Chili, I got everything ready, then I went to the store to pick up sour cream. By the time I got back, the soup was done!
Honestly, the hardest part is rummaging through my fridge to see if I have any extra veggies that I can sneak in. Read the full recipe below!
You will need:
1 Package Hurricane Ridge Chicken Chili (Family Size)
1 Chicken Breast
Optional Veggies (gotta sneak those veggies in somewhere)
Chopped Bell Peppers
Diced Sweet Potatoes
1/4 Quinoa, Brown Rice or White Rice
- Lay beans on a rimmed cookie sheet to look for rocks or other field debris
- Transfer the beans to a colander and give them a quick rinse.
- Put the rinsed beans, whole chicken breast, both spice packets and any optional veggies in the Instant Pot.
- Add 7 cups water. (If I don’t add 1/4 of quinoa or rice, I cut out 1/2 C of water; I add 6 1/2 instead of 7)
- Lock the lid and seal the valve.
- Set Instant Pot to Manual High Pressure for 30 minutes.
- Once the Instant Pot is done, you can let the steam release naturally or release it manually if you’re in a hurry.
- Shred the chicken with two forks