Split Pea Soup and Breadsticks
These breadsticks are just the thing to go with our Tekoa Split Pea Soup!
There is no better comfort food than soup and bread, whether it’s a bowl of Basin Potato Chowder and cheesy biscuits, or Thorpillini Tortellini and toasted french bread. Here, we show you one of our most heartwarming meals: Tekoa Split Pea Soup and homemade breadsticks! Mmm! This is great on cold, rainy days and a must-have when you are feeling down. This soup is simple, easy to make, and delicious! What’s better: we are showing you how to make breadsticks at home to go with your soup!
The Tekoa Split Pea has been in our top 5 best sellers since 1995. It has less than 10 simple ingredients but is still delicious. The wholesome Washington peas and celery are what make the split pea so tasty. There is nothing more classic than adding Ham to Split pea, but if you are really looking to shake things up, give the recipes below a shot! We added one can of evaporated milk to our split pea soup mix and it gave it a creamy texture.
Creamy Tekoa Split Pea Soup
You will need
1 package Tekoa Split Pea Soup
1 can evaporate milk
(optional) ham, or bacon
- Cook the package as usual.
- Before serving add a can of evaporated milk. Do not boil the soup after you’ve added the milk.
- Serve with grilled cheese sandwiches or the breadsticks recipe below.
You will need
1 1/2 cups Warm Water
1/4 cup Olive Oil
1/8 cup Honey
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 tablespoon yeast
2 tablespoons Potato Flour or Mashed Potatoes
2 cups Unbleached White Flour
2 cups Whole Grain Flour
- Mix water, oil, honey, salt, and yeast.
- Once the yeast is dissolved add in potato flour or mashed potatoes.
- Add in half of the flour and mix well. This mix will be sticky and gooey.
- Alternate adding white and wheat flour until you get the correct consistency (soft but won’t stick to your hands).
- Need in a mixture for 7 minutes or by hand 7-10 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 1 1/2 inch balls.
- Roll out the dough balls until they are about the same diameter as a pencil or your little finger.
- Brush with butter and add sesame seeds, parmesan cheese, salt garlic or your favorite topping to each stick.
- Place on greased cookie sheet 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Let rise until they double in size (approx. 20 minutes).
- Cook at 375 for 15-18 minutes