Living in today’s world can be hectic. You spend all day at work and then have errands to run all afternoon; sometimes 24 hours isn’t enough time in the day. With all that to think about, where do you have time to make a meal that’s quick, easy, and healthy? As you all know, Rill’s soups are not only delicious and healthy, they are also fast and easy to make. That in itself is amazing but did you know that you can make our soups in the microwave for when you’re in a real pinch for time?
Today I decided to cook our Tekoa Split Pea in the microwave. I used a Snapware plastic Tupperware and added everything needed, then put it in the microwave. After I finished the directions, the soup wasn’t totally done; I had to put it back in for about 6 more minutes. After that time was up, my soup was perfect! It took me only about 40 minutes for me to be able to enjoy a bowl. This may not be a whole lot faster than doing it on the stove, but it’s great for when you’re in a real pinch or even when you’re traveling and staying in a hotel room! The entire process is super simple, and might even be faster if you’re trying it with a bean or noodle soup (I’m going to have to try it with our other kinds of soup!)
- Put the entire Rill’s Specialty Foods soup mix in a bowl with a tight fitting lid.
- Follow the directions on the package to add the right amount of water.
- Heat in microwave for 10 minutes on HIGH
- After 10 minutes stir the soup then return back to microwave.
- Cook at 1/2 power for 25 minutes, or until lentils are completely tender.
- Once lentils are completely tender, add any tomato sauce or precooked meat.
- Heat for 2-3 more minutes on high.
To print off your own copy of microwave directions, go here