These stuffed peppers are just to die for! Not only do they taste fantastic they are
super simple to make. All you have to do is throw a package of Wapato Stuffed Pepper soup on the stove then chop up a few bell peppers and brown your meat while you wait for it to cook. Total time for this meal is about 1.5 hours total prep time in the kitchen however is only about 30 minutes
You will need:
Original size Wapato Stuffed Pepper Soup
6 oz can tomato sauce
1 lb meat of choice
4 large bell peppers
Grated cheese (optional)
Sautéed onions (optional)
Jalapeño peppers (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350° F
2. Cook the Wapato Stuffed Pepper soup. Cut the water from 7 cups to 8 cups and use 1/2 can of tomato paste instead of tomato sauce.
3. While you are waiting for the water to boil brown your meat. After you’ve browned the meat add it to the pot of soup.
4. Prepare the bell peppers and optional toppings while you are waiting for the rice to soften completely. You can either cut the tops off of the bell peppers or cut them in half lengthwise. After you cut them clean out the seeds and set them aside.
5. When the rice is soft, approx. 20-25 minutes, scoop it into the waiting bell
6. Add any optional toppings (onions, jalapeños, cheese, bread crumbs etc. We used sautéed onions and spicy sausage) then place the peppers in the oven. Cook for 20-25 minutes or until the peppers reach your desired texture.