Lemon Garlic Chicken with St. Marie’s Wild Chicken Soup
Add a little zing and brighten up your typical weekday meal with this easy, lemony, one pot recipe. Simple and healthy but full of flavor!
Here’s how to make this easy skillet meal.
- 1 chicken breast, cubed
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- juice and zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 lemon thinly sliced
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 small bunch of fresh chives
- 1 small packet St. Maries Wild Chicken Soup
- Heat olive oil in large skillet or dutch oven over medium high heat.
- Add cubed chicken, turning frequently until browned on all sides.
- Add lemon juice, zest, lemon slices, garlic and white wine, and half of fresh chives. Continue cooking until chicken is no longer pink in the center and lemon slices are caramelized and softened.
- Remove lemon slices and set aside for garnish.
- Add 4 cups water and the entire contents of the soup packet.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer for 1 hour or until rice is cooked.
- Garnish with caramelized lemon slices and fresh chopped chives. Salt and pepper to taste.
Try this lemon chicken recipe with one of our other chicken soups like our Sisters Chicken Noodle Soup. Or you can even try adding some veggies like fresh broccoli or cauliflower.