Wild Rice and Italian Sausage Soup
An easy dinner to spice up your week!
Wild rice and Italian sausage soup have become a house recommendation for a while now. It is a unique blend of flavors that really spices up your weeknights. This can be easily prepared on the stove, in a crock pot, or in an Instant Pot.
Recommended by a fan
Recently I met a self-described Rill Foods super fan. She said that she loved all of the soups especially the Thorpellini Tortellini and the St. Marie’s Wild Chicken. This was no surprise to me since the soups are our two top sellers. What did surprise me was what she added to the Wild Chicken – Italian sausage.
I thought that the slight curry taste of the Wild Chicken would conflict horribly with the oregano, basil, and sweet herbs in the sausage. After much reassurance, I took her word for it started telling other people to try it too. Everyone seems to love it.
She told me that she added Italian sausage to all of the soups whether they called for them or not. I guess bacon isn’t the only pork product that goes with everything!
How to make Wild Rice and Italian Sausage Soup
- St Maries Wild Chicken Soup Mix
- Ground Italian Sausage
- Extra veggies, such as spinach, tomatoes, cooked zucchini, etc.
- Begin preparing the soup according to the package directions, excluding the chicken.
- 15 minutes before the rice is done begin browning the Italian Sausage in a frying pan. Use a spatula to break up the sausage. Cook through until no more pink is left and the meat turns brown.
- When the rice is done, combine the cooked sausage, veggies, and rice.
- Serve and enjoy!